Skip to main content

we went from 5 to 7

The year is 2017 and I am not really sure what happened but time did not pause and so a lot was missed, sorry. When I originally started this it was with the intention to keep up with it and make sure the boys had memories they could go back and read and if one day Ricky or I lost our memory we could read this and remember the bigger things that happened. Ok so we have added two more to our family which I will also write a separate post for each one but lets say hello to Mason Nicholas who is about to be two in May and then Lincoln Nathaniel who is 7 months old and the last of our mohicans. So now we are a family of 7, which is pretty interesting given the fact that there are 6 boys and then there's me. I'm trying my hardest to adjust who I am to fit this whole "boy" lifestyle sometimes its challenging but for the most part its fun and a bit dangerous. So we had two more babies we also moved from our baby house that we lived in since I was pregnant (baby 3) with Jacob. The house was tiny but the memories were huge a lot of stuff happened there both good and bad, we lived there a total of 6 years. I will always remember us getting married there (good) and in 2015 going through a separation (bad). The house on Kiowa is a bittersweet spot, but the truth is I am so glad to be out of there. Our new house which is literally 2 blocks from our old one is great its big enough to hold our family and be able to breathe or fart without it affecting someone else. The older boys each have their own room but that's about to change. The babies sleep with us in our bedroom Lincoln in a crib (Jacobs crib) and Mason sleeps in our bed. We decided to have Julian and Jacob share a room because they both "hate" cleaning their rooms and its just too much to constantly be yelling at them for the same thing I "hate" yelling at them. So the plan is the babies will share a room and Julian and Jacob will share a room and Damian will have his own. The first thing I am planning on doing is making sure I plant rose bushes in front of their bedroom windows, see I am a worrier my first issue is in case someone tries to break in we have an alarm but lets be safe here. My next concern as they grow older is girls, no one is sneaking in here. Okay I might be a little crazy but that's my job right to protect my boys and I am a girl and I know how we can be. Queue the rose bushes or nopales (can't remember the name in English). Okay enough of that craziness.
So first thing first lets update on the boys. Damian is in 3rd grade(omg) he is doing really well in all things its pretty awesome watching him absorb everything. He loves to read and draw and man is he good at both. He received a scholar award last month proud mommy over here
Julian is in the 1st grade and struggling a little bit with reading I know he is smart its just he is so shy. He is embarrassed to get stuff wrong and so he just does try this is a struggle I'm trying to help him overcome. He is also starting to mimic Damian and have a book in his hand wherever we are, they get that from me I love reading! He received a character counts award which I am so proud of I want them to not only grow and learn educationally I want them to be good people as well so him getting that means just as much as Damian's.
Jacob is in kindergarten and he is doing great as well they don't do awards in that grade lever otherwise he would have some, he is at the top of his class and starting to read and do take accelerated reader tests. He is so different from his brothers he is so sweet and loving but also hard headed and stubborn just like his Dad. Unfortunately he is also my first to break his wrist, poor guy he is out of commission for the next 6 weeks its horrible seeing him tied down, he is miserable. In school they had him sitting on a bench as if he were in trouble so we took his tablet and I bought him some gameboards to take to school, luckily for us (not so much Nehemiah) his friend broke his leg shortly after Jacob broke his wrist so now he has an injured sidekick at his side so at least he's not lonely.
Ok well I have to get going the baby (Lincoln) is crying I'll tell you all about him later.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys bday party

Sorry for the back to back posts but I have so much to catch up with that I don't want to miss a single thing. We decided to have a joint party for the boys because it just made sense, the weather would be great and it would be one big party instead of three smaller ones, and it worked out perfectly. We had the party on 9/8/12 Jacob's actual 2nd bday (worked out nicely). We put lots of work into making this party a hit for the boys. I painted some of the stuff and even Jackie (Ricky's sister) helped out! She was the one to give me the idea on the centerpieces and they turned out adorable. There was even a car painting station that the kids enjoyed. So here are some of the pictures.

Happy Blogging

Today was super fun it was Damian's first school trip and it was so much fun, and best part was being able to go on the trip with him.We went to Boulder Creek Ranch (pumpkin patch)  I have to confess I'm such a big baby as we boarded the bus and were driving off I had to hold tears back, it just made me realize how fast my boys are growing. I can't believe he is going to be five next month. To see him being able to do stuff on his own and watch him have conversations with his friends is amazing. He is not a little baby anymore. (tear) Anyways, back to the trip he got to pick a very cute pumpkin and he tasted roasted pumpkin seeds, he also got to go on a hay ride and check out all the cool (smelly) horses, donkeys, chickens,goats and cats (weird huh). We ended the trip with lunch on the grass then back on the bus and off to school. Julian and Jacob stayed with "Tia Monica", a true godsend that cousin of mine! They had tons of fun playing with their new cat "He

Last day of 2021

 Goodbye 2021 and welcome 2022. We are ending this year sick, possibly COVID sick. We had family over for Christmas and somehow most of us ended up sick. Ricky and  I took the kids to get tested early this morning in Fontana. How early? we woke up at 5 and were out of the house by 5:30, we got to Kaiser by 6:30 and the line was already insane. After two hours we finally tested and left. Now to wait, since we are in quarantine I am cooking New Years Eve dinner. I've tried looking everywhere for new years decorations but everything's sold out. Trying to make this day memorable for the boys last minute is not easy. Ok so update time.... Damian, he turned 14 this year. His voice has deepened and he is so much taller now. He is in the 8th grade, his last year at Vanguard. We are so excited to watch him grow and mature. He's so handsome and smart. He played soccer this year and of course football. Grades are really good and he's still being an awesome big brother. He loves p